Important Disclaimer MUST READ :Information provided on this “website” does not constitute investment advice, it is for illustrative purposes only, you should always do your own research and apply critical thinking considering all the facts when investing. Only risk what your are willing to lose. This informative “website” is written at one point in time. Facts can change at any given moment that could constitute the assumptions in the information void at any time in the future. Black swan moments can occur and investing in crypto currencies is still a very speculative endeavour. Crypto markets can experience large percentage swings either up or down at any given moment. Investing in any crypto currencies could result in singnificant loses or significant gains.
Investing in crypto currencies can mean being your own custodian of funds so it is your responsibility to secure these safely. You can also rely on third party custodians to hold your assets so due diligence and a full understanding of this risk needs to be considered.
Seek professional investment advice where possible and always ask your investment advisor whether he is personally invested in the products he is recommending. Ask your advisor for proof he is personally invested in the products he recommends and seek additional verfication when necessary. Ensure the advisor informs you if his own personal investments change from any moment in the future that differs from what he advised you of.
There is no Long term because “In the long run we are all dead” as said by John Maynard Keynes, but here we are assuming 1-2 years here and we all hope to be live longer than that.
The authour of this material is likely to be invested in any or all of the coins mentioned but this can change at any given moment as the facts and assumptions change. This reflects a view at one point in time, when publishing was made. Things can change quickly in the crypto world so a good investment one minute can turn out to be a bad one the next. The author accepts no liability whatsoever for any personal investment made by anyone based on any view or information published here.
Basic Assumptions of any thesis: The internet will continue to exist in its current open form with free access to all which allows anyone to run their own software on their own computer that can freely connect to the internet and communicate with other users. Any change of this current form of free internet could severely damage access to sharing and transferring value of any of cryptographically secured coins. The whole thesis is completely dependent and relies on this free form of internet. Any change to this model on how access is permissioned could seriously harm any crypto coin community and the underlying value of the associated coins.
Of course any investment success also depends on the entry price and exit price and theoretical gains are an illusion until you sell out or cash in. A prudent investment strategy always uses gains to diversify further a portfolio.
- Never invest what you can’t afford to lose.
- The amount you invest should very much depend on how much you will not need for the essential bare necessities of your life in the timeframe you will need.
- It is possible to take more risks with a few 1,000 dollars than you can with a few million.
- Always have enough money to pay your expenses and fund your desired level of lifestyle.
- Don’t take on high interest debt to fund risky illiquid investments unless it makes absolute sense.
- Leverage can be a great way to increase potential returns but can also more likely lead to ruin and the piling up of more debt.
- Never forget debt is power and those that you owe will always be able to use that debt to their advantage.
- Be careful with complex financial products that entail contracts as invariably there will be small print you haven’t read that will mean really big gains can be reduced by the contracting party and they will always try to recoup big losses if things don’t go in your favour.
- Set clear investment objectives in terms of timeframe and desirable profits or acceptable loses and stick to them.
- Don’t deviate from your plan or strategy and remove emotion from any trading and investing.
- Don’t get emotionally attached to an investment and exit if things start going wrong especially if the original fundamentals that convinced you to invest change considerably.
OASIS.app is part of the MakerDAO system and is the official website and portal for Trading, Borrowing DAI and Saving in the Makerdao system
It is a non custodial platform and service for minting DAI and managing the CDP vaults created by Maker.
The smart contracts have been audited and formally verified and it is the leader in the decentralised finance space.
Here you can see an example of a cdp on oasis.app whioch shows your liquidation price and how to top up your loan, borrow more and see your interest rate accruing every second.
The borrower sends his crypto currency to a smart contract and in return receives an additional amount in DAI into his wallet by the next block (~15 secs).
The user retains full ownership of the crypto currency sent which is locked to the smart contract as collateral and can be retrieved at any time by repaying the amount lent in DAI.
Send 15,000 USD equivalent of ETH to Maker smart contract
Receive up to 10,000 USD worth of DAI in loan instantly
You now have 15,000 USD worth of Ethereum under you custody locked up AND and additional 10,000 USD of DAI in your wallet.
You can do whatever you want with the new 10,000 USD but you have to pay it back plus the stability fee (in DAI or MKR) to unlock the 15,000 USD equivalent of ETH.
If ETH price goes up you win.
If ETH price falls you need to watch your liquidation price .
Maker is an Ethereum based lending platform responsible for the creation of DAI, the world’s first decentralised ‘Stable Coin’ soft pegged to 1 USD.
Maker allows any user to autonomously take out a loan (denominated inDAI) by staking Ether (ETH) as collateral. Other Ethereum based tokens can also be staked as collateral.
The Maker system is inherently permission-less , meaning that there are no requirements other than holding crypto currency or buying DAI to get started.
All loans are issued automatically by a smart contract so no human is involved in the facilitation of any loan.